This is an obligatory post.
My first internet journal/blog platform was at Deadjournal (very retro). But it was Livejournal my first true love back in 2006. Some of you know how LJ “was my home” (I’m quoting my friend Lela). It used to be my favorite place to read from my friends and write. So many memories were created at Livejornal. It was comfy, and personal. At the time my content was a bit more random and eventually I took a specific direction to show my art, photography and everything in between. Maybe all I needed was a change of layout, but instead I migrated to WordPress.
Things I like about wordpress:
- The widgets: now I have a lovely tag cloud on the bottom of the blog among other things
- The stats: one of the inviting reasons to actually make the jump
- The posting platform: very user friendly and sleek
- I can add pages (like this)
- The aesthetic of the platform itself, it’s pretty and clean!
Things I loath about wordpress:
- The layouts: I adored changing my layouts in LJ! Having to pay to change a simple detail on the CSS is stupid.
- Having to pay to use my own domain: do I really have to explain how stupid this is? I mean c’mon, WP wants to charge me for mapping the domain I already own (and pay for).
- You have to pay a lot of $$$ for things that other blogging platforms offer for free or for less.
Things I’ll miss from livejournal:
- the communities: I loved posting in communities… in fact I plan to keep doing it
- the goth community within livejournal
- gif userpics
- Las mitocondrias: Because we used that platform before tumblr and even before I had facebook and we existed.
- Now listening: last.fm plugin’
- The friend only visibility option
- Different userpics for each post
I guess that bloglovin‘ was the motivator behind my migration. It looks like everyone can play the same game, even when you have different platforms. I’ve spread my self widely through the net. Tumblr is my favourite place (definitely the most complete, direct onto the point platform I’ve used) but that didn’t back me off from instagram, and neither from the wide yet specific needs of a blog, such as this.
At the end, I just want to share my visions with someone. And they say change is good. I’m already missing LJ a bit. “Uno no sabe lo que tiene hasta que lo pierde”. But at the same time I’m so eager with WP!
The Blog Must Go On! ♥